Life is a funny thing. As soon as you think you've got everything mostly figured out, life throws you for a loop. The past few weeks I have just felt stuck, looking for some kind of "loop". The whole daily grind, monotonous, 9:00-5:00 week has seemed to plague my summer and consequently cloud my vision. In my general lack of excitement I have forgotten to just stop and count my blessings. I was reminded that in life I have so much to be thankful for and so much to bring me joy. I came across a journal entry from last fall containing a list of 50 things I am thankful for. This week I intend to make it 100. There are so many things that I should definitely be thankful for and sometimes getting it down on paper is the best way to "take inventory," if you will. The best part? You can never really run out of things to be thankful for. Having a thankful heart really just helps us be more in tune to the blessings that Jesus pours out on us daily. So, I hope you know what you're thankful for. :)
1. A Savior that loves me unconditionally regardless of my stupid mistakes. He allows me to wake up every morning as a new creation!
2. My parents, who have taught me that though life is certainly not easy, love and hope can overcome anything.
3. My little brother for not getting too mad at me for treating him like my kid sometimes. I just love you and want the very best for you.
4. A family that has taught me an immeasurable amount of lessons about life. To love as much as you can and to cherish each other because today may be all we've got.
5. Music. When I just can't think of what I'd like to say or how I feel, music does.
6. Friends that never cease to amaze me on a daily basis. They have hearts and eyes fixed on Jesus and it definitely shows. Thank you for being there for me when life gets rough and when its full of joy, I love sharing it with you! Thank you for understanding who I am.
7. Asbury University...The place where I've met some of the best friends I have and where I grow and learn so much every day.
8. Grace and a Heavenly Father who gives abundant amounts of it.
9. Books . I love the smell of books and the sight of a full bookshelf.
10. To have a God who's heart it is to love us like His children.
11. Love because I am incredibly blessed to love so many people in my life and even more blessed to have them love me back.
12. The fact that laughter or a smile can turn any day around! :)
13. Cameras and being able to take pictures and capture life in a small but significant way.
14. God's creation. It amazes me how intricately designed everything is, from each flower to the leaves on a tree, to every sunrise and sunset. The beauty of it all astounds me.
15. My freedom and those who fight for it. Thank you for those who have served and are serving, you are very much appreciated.
16. Colors, life would be so boring without them!
17. Suffering because although it hurts, it teaches me compassion.
18. The seasons and how they consistently bring change from the changing of the leaves, to the length of the day, to snowflakes, flowers, rain....I love it.
19. My sweet dog Mollie for making me smile a lot and for being being such a cutie!
20. Fridays..well just the whole weekend in general for bringing rest and fun when I need it.
21. Scripture and all that I can learn from it.
22. Being able to attend church wherever I want and worship how I want.
23. The Awakened class and how much I love them. Its amazing to see so many special gifts in one group of people. Also for Ben and Kara for loving us and getting us through out freshman year, you guys rock!
24. Hoodies, wearing one is like getting a hug all day!
25. The beach! I love love love how beautiful and relaxing it is to be there!
26. The Dominican Republic and how much I learned about myself and God's heart for people there.
27. The sound of rain on the roof...There's no better sound to fall asleep to.
28. All the teachers I've had throughout the years. I appreciate everything you've taught me.
29. The small things in life...
30. Nice guys. Sometimes they seem kind of far and few between, but I know they're out there. I am especially thankful for the nice guys I know. I promise you're appreciated. :)
31. Freshly fallen snow. Its so delicate and crisp and sort of like a soft blanket that covers everything in a peaceful white.
32. Wildflowers...actually just flowers in general. They're really pretty.
33. Being sensitive. I may cry too much sometimes but I'm content knowing that my sensitivity allows me to be sensitive to how others feel.
34. Sunshine. Just to soak it up for a while, such a good feeling.
35. The moon and stars for filling the night skies with twinkling beauty.
36. Random acts of kindness, they warm the heart.
37. Coffee and cute coffee mugs and chocolate!
38. All the sweet kiddos I babysit, I've learned so much from them.
39. Hugs. They really just speak more than words do sometimes.
40. Encouragement, because I need it daily.
41. Driving and my car. Sometimes I just need to be alone and driving around with the windows down and the music blaring is the best way to do it.
42. Water. Having clean water whenever I need it is a big deal. I take it for granted far too often when there are so many people who go without.
43. Wilmore and all of its quirky little festivities. Such a precious little town filled with such kind and sweet people.
44. All the things I learned from my Granny while she was here. She was such an amazing lady with a heart just bursting with love for people.
45. Dancing, even though I'm not good at it.
46. Joy and having joy in my heart. Even on bad days I know that I have a light and that alone is reason to be joyful.
47. Today. Its all we've got really. Live in the present and cherish each day for it is a gift.
48. Crayons because sometimes its good to be reminded of the simplicity of childhood.
49. Sleep. There is nothing like a soft pillow and a warm blanket after a long day.
50. How amazingly, wonderfully, and intricately unique we all are , yet all created in God's image. How cool is that!
50 more to come...